Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Moon


Silvery ball glowing in the night
Casting shadows with its light
Peeking in . . . prodding me to see
All its beauty and its mystery
Many tales . . . many stories oh so many have been said
I wonder why I can’t sleep . . . with all this running through my head!

5 comments:

  1. Prodding to see mystery - I love this notion of the moon being a flashlight for wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that is what I should have done when I could not sleep the other night--write poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband swears the full moon keeps him awake too. I think it's the power of suggestion that's doing it. Now, will I sleep tonight with this running through my head?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem and good excuse for not being able to sleep. Love your poetry. The moon is a mystery whether it's full, a crescent, waxing or waning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you woke up because of the moon and this is what you came up with? Amazingly beautiful! My favorite: "Prodding me to see" - that's exactly what that moon does in the dark, dark night.

    ReplyDelete