Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Garden

It's been about 20 years since I have had an in ground vegetable garden.  I would grow vegetables and herbs in large pots but honestly it's not the same.  This year, we decided to make a couple raised bed gardens and grow our own organic veggies and herbs.  My husband built the frames and then we filled each with good organic soil and planted some of our favorite veggies.  It was great digging into the soil, imagining the tiny plants fully grown yielding an abundant crop!  The day inspired a little poem!


Tiny plants begin spreading their roots
Abundance of sunlight and water helps ensure high yielding fruits
Taking in nutrients to grow and thrive 
Along with loving care so each one survives!
Pesticide free and non GMO
Are the only type of plants I will grow!







3 comments:

  1. Love your poem and your garden sounds delightful. Here's to an abundance of growth this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine the fresh veggies you will soon be harvesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grow, plants, grow! (BTW - you need to put all your poems in one book! You are such a talented poet!)

    ReplyDelete