Tuesday, July 5, 2016

2 Years Ago





2 years ago . . . 

I retired from teaching, a job I truly loved

2 years ago . . . 

I packed up and sold my house of 30 years

2 years ago . . . 

I had to say goodbye to 40 plus year friends

2 years ago . . . 
I bought a one way ticket to New Mexico

2 years ago . . . 

I was filled with all kinds of emotions thinking about the new life we were about to begin

2 years ago . . . 

We moved in to our new home and settled in to our new life

Today, I think back . . .

And realize as much as I miss the kiddos, it's good to be away from the stress

Today, I think back . . .

How our new home feels really good and many new memories have been already been made

Today, I think back . . .

How my friends will always be in my heart no matter how many miles separate us, but we have made some really good friends here

Today, I think back . . .

And I am amazed how fast these 2 years have gone by, but very thankful for the many friends that have come so that I can share a little part of this wonderful place I now call home!


One of our many beautiful sunsets!

The Sandia Mountains


7 comments:

  1. I always like to read your posts because I love New Mexico so much. How cool that you left everything after you retired and you moved to a new place...and look what happened! You have made new friends and have had new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have done plenty of envelope-ripping of your own these past two years, Lynn :) Bravo to you in blazing this new trail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've enjoyed it all, Lynn, in that beautiful place. It truly was a big change, and it's so good that it has been a good move. FYI, if you get a chance, travel to Santa Fe to see the amazing art installation/house called Meow Wolf. My daughter just returned from the weekend there & said it was something she would be telling about for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How quickly time goes. So happy for you & hubby that this was a good move. It's a beautiful area and hopefully we'll get to re-visit in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the beautiful scenery and the memories as well as the joy of being someplace so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you even believe it?!? Two years .... wow. Love how when one chapter of life finishes, another chapter begins. What a blessing this chapter is for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have long felt a special connection with Herbal Medicine. For one thing is natural, Charlie we went to the same small college in Southern California — Claremont Men’s College — though he dropped out and ultimately enrolled at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts in New York. Had he stayed at Claremont, he would have been a senior the year I started there; I have often kidded that I was the reason he left when he finds out I had herpes. So my life have been lonely like hell all day I couldn't bear the outbreak pain, Tasha then introduce me to Dr Itua who use his herbal medicine to cure her two weeks of drinking it. I place an order form him and he delivers to my post office then I picked it up and used for two weeks all my sore was healed completely no more outbreak I'm honestly telling you this man is a great man, I trust him and his herbal medicine so much I'm sharing this to show my appreciation also to let sick people know there is hope with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,Whatsapp.+2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    STROKE.
    Hepatitis
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV
    Als
    Hpv
    Wart Remover
    Cold Sore
    SYPHILIS.
    Liver/Kidney Inflammatory
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete