Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Bike Ride


Adjusting the gears and then the seat

Peddling through traffic on the concrete street

Soon all the “city” noises will soften . . . will cease

As I get on the path and hear the quiet peace


The exchange of the views and the sounds

A completely different world . . . it surrounds

Taking me inside so I can feel

Nature’s beauty and all her appeal


The wind talking to me through bushes and trees

Branches dancing and waving creating a cool breeze

The birds some I see . . . but some are obscure

But the songs they are singing just add to the allure


It’s early yet . . . so few flowers are in full bloom

But in a month or so all will change I presume

I hear the rustle of branches and for a moment . . . I fear

But then I see it’s nothing more . . . than a beautiful deer


The time just flies and I can hardly believe

After miles upon miles it’s time for me to leave

It’s really a magical place here in the woods

So much better than riding in neighborhoods!







5 comments:

  1. Oooooh - I just took a mental image bike ride! :) I love looking for the hidden birds in the woods. Such a lovely ride, through your poetic words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I felt like I was riding beside you - what a great descriptive poem you have woven. The peace and quiet is one of the reasons I love living "in the woods". Everything seems so much more vivid and magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riding in the country is a wonderful escape from the city. You have described it perfectly. Glad the rustle was a deer and not a snake slithering across your path. I need to get out on my bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wind talking to me through bushes and trees
    Branches dancing and waving creating a cool breeze...

    I rode with you Lynn,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful place you just showed us in the poem! I love those last two lines "It’s really a magical place here in the woods/So much better than riding in neighborhoods!" And I like the way you went into & then out-a real story of your ride.

    ReplyDelete