Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lilacs

Lilac bushes in spring time bloom

Each branch, each cluster a perfect plume

Two colors revealed . . . purple and cream

Make a perfect addition to nature’s theme


The fragrance in the air is so defined

Take time to enjoy . . . but keep in mind

These beauties are short lived. . . sadly don’t last

So savour them . . . before they’re a thing of the past!





8 comments:

  1. I love lilacs - the fragrance! Yum! And you are so right -- enjoy them now because they don't last! I wish we could create a hybrid that would last all summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first flowers of spring too. What a great subject for a poem
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured the beauty and fragrance in this rhythmic poem. Childhood memories have come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can smell the lilacs thru your description! We don't have many lilacs down here and I really miss seeing their beauty and inhaling their fragrance. Thanks for the breathe of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I breathe deep when I pass lilacs. Your poem was perfect. But really, they bloomed in March, that's not right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of lilac bushes, and the idea we need to savor them in the short time they're blooming. Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem full of imagery. I am with you on the walk. Breathe. Mmm. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could drag my lilac bush into the classroom! Mmmm - they smell as sweet as your poem!

    ReplyDelete