Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Short Message to the Teachers of Chicago


As a teacher I feel I need . . . no must say something to Chicago Public School Teachers.  THANK YOU a million times for having the courage to stand strong and fight for what you and the children of Chicago deserve!  It sickened me each and every time I saw the mayor’s big political machine spew lies through the media.  A role model, I think NOT with his bullying tactics and lack of respect towards the teachers throughout this ordeal.  It saddens me how many people really had no idea who and what the Chicago teachers were fighting for.  Clearly, we have it backwards in this country, when movie stars and athletes have more respect then those of us who are in the trenches each and every day, working tirelessly for children so they can become the next generations of respectful, responsible and successful citizens. I can only hope that some day, teachers will be respected for the professionals that we are . . .

4 comments:

  1. Very well stated. So many people are still under the impression that teachers "only work 9 months" out of the year and from 9 to 3 and "they alone" are the people to educate our children. I commend each of you for the challenges that you overcome each day because you care and want our children to succeed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES Lynn,
    THe courage of these teachers have raised us all. Even though I still the teacher bashing in the media, just now of Morning Joe, the conversation has been deepened by the power of their voices... We need more of this!
    Power to the Teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen...I'm proud of your courage. You've stood together to improve education for our children. Thanks for writing this Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My feelings exactly...and you are right, so many people (including teachers!) had no idea what these courageous people were fighting for. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete