Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Getting Ready . . .


I look . . . amazed at what I see
Changes quickly happening right in front of me
Lush greens turning to hues of red, brown, and gold
As the next season autumn . . . begins to unfold
Small animals scurrying here and there
Preparing and storing for when the land is bare
Pumpkins, and scarecrows popping up everywhere
Ware wolves and  ghosts just waiting to scare!
Temperatures dipping, roof tops all glossed
Get ready . . . it’s coming . . . soon all will be covered in frost!

6 comments:

  1. Love your poem. You've captured the coming of fall perfectly, including those ghosts and gobblins. I'm hoping we can stay in this season for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your last line "Get ready ... It's coming ...", helping build that sense of anticipation for all that you had mentioned in the earlier lines. Enjoy your autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exit summer, enter autumn. You caught it with your words. Love the rhythm of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem has the feeling and view of the fall well captured. The frost still surprises me even when I know that it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're supposed to have a bit of snow Thursday night-it is certainly coming, but I want those beautiful 70's first! i like "roof tops all glossed". That they will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reads like a song. The flow of the words was very natural. The paired rhymes did not feel forced. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete