It’s been about
a month now in my new home in New Mexico and everyday I'm in awe of the beauty
around me. My whole life I lived in a concrete jungle but really did love
all the wonderment of living in a big city ...but now to be so close to nature,
the beauty of the mountains and the open spaces is something I hope never
becomes my norm. The differences are huge, the pace a far cry from what I
am used to but all in all I am settling in and adjusting and loving it! Yesterday I set up a hummingbird feeder
in the corner of our yard and in no time we had little visitors... they are
amazing creatures to watch! Interestingly
it would have been the first day do school and although I have to admit it was
a little bittersweet, taking time to watch these amazing creatures was
priceless!


What a joy it is to take in the wonder of nature! I visited New Mexico for the first time last winter. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHappy retirement! I am delighted by your joy in the post.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are finding joy in New Mexico. I spend a lot of time there in the summers and the humming birds amaze me. They are not as timid as the ones near me in Ohio. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete"I hope it never becomes my norm." I love that -- I hope you are continually amazed every day!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you are missed ... first day with kids tomorrow.
We miss you, but PLEASE keep posting about the wonders of New Mexico. We can take a mini vacation when we need it!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand how you feel. The openness, the slower pace of life, having time to enjoy those little creatures who come to visit. I have our feeder outside of our computer window and love to sit and watch them dash in and out and back again. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
ReplyDelete