Sunday, March 8, 2015

Chelsea Market

In an earlier post I mentioned one of the best things about being retired is the ability to be spontaneous!  Heck that's how we ended up coming to New York.  Well when we were getting ready to go back home it happened again.  We were to take the red eye Friday night.  However, about 3 hours before we were to leave I looked at my sister and said, "hey why do we have to leave? Lyndsey is off the next couple of days. Let's see if we can change out tickets and stay through the weekend!" And we did! So instead of returning to beautiful New Mexico, we went to a yummy brunch with one of the best Bloody Mary's I've ever had and from there we went into Manhatten to Chelsea Market, An  unbelievable place with wine bars, bakeries, mini mart with food from all over the world, coffee shop, tea store, a donut shop with a 20 minute wait for a donut, a chocolate store, a meat market, fish market including a lobster store!  An amazing experience which I highly recommend to if you are planning a trip to New York.








9 comments:

  1. that is really what I need right now...being spontaneous and also a vacation...thanks for sharing...oh how I wish I could go to New York some day. xo nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn,
    I love spontaneity! Being retired must be so great. I do look forward to it someday. I also want to visit New York some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn,
    I love spontaneity! Being retired must be so great. I do look forward to it someday. I also want to visit New York some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you are just bragging. :-) What fun for you and your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you could get your tickets changed and were able to spent a few more days. Chelsea Market sounds like a great place to hang out, although I don't know that I would wait 20 minutes for a donut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am full of envy due to these words "However, about 3 hours before we were to leave I looked at my sister and said, "hey why do we have to leave?" Lucky you! Sounds like you are making the very best of retirement. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your spontaneity! You are so blessed to have that choice! Another fun side trip in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely wait 20 minutes for a donut! You inspire me to think about retirement! Just thinking... Have fun and enjoy the rest of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chelsea Market caught my eye on your blog as I was about to comment on today's slice. I'm leaving for NYC Friday night and I think I want to make a stop at Chelsea Market this weekend!

    ReplyDelete