Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Planting Fever Hit


Planting fever hit big time yesterday and who can blame me with temps hitting the 70's lately!  I couldn't help myself from hitting the Lowes for a few new plants.  All the way to the store I was talking to myself, it still is a little early so be careful what you buy. . . Flowers that like cool weather only, because this is the desert and temps do drop in the evening this time of year.  As I pull up to the store, a giant semi filled with plants is waiting to be emptied. I could feel my heart race a little, but again I reminded myself, stick to the plan Lynn, stick to the plan.  I love this time of year when I can dig my hands in the dirt and create a beautiful new look around the house.  I can happily say I stuck to the plan, bought some cool weather flowers and a plant/bush for the ground that I was assured would be ok.  Here are a few pics!
A type of Daisy 


Pretty Pansy's




Dwarf Burford Holly







7 comments:

  1. Your words brought me back to Spring fever and the need to sink my hands in dirt to grow color! Your flowers are lovely. Enjoy sunny days of nurturing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for "planting season" is so hard when the weather teases us with a few days of warmth. Good thing you stuck to your plan, now enjoy the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous! I do not have a green thumb! So glad you are enjoying your Spring Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. So glad you could stick to your plan. I love flowers, but unfortunately so do our deer. So I refrain from planting anything too tasty. Enjoy your blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for spring! I can't wait until the ground really thaws around here. Still so much brown and mud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A touch of beauty! We warmed up and then quickly went back to cooler temps. I think Mother's Day is still the target date up here ... so jealous but thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your garden of color! Although we are still chilly, gray, and a long way off from planting - I want to make a plan to hurry up our Spring!

    ReplyDelete