Sunday, March 25, 2012

Clouds

Clouds . . . Or Are They?

I love to look up to the sky and “see” . . .

billowing white cotton balls

wisps of texturized silk

a silhouette of a heart

I love to look up to the sky and “feel” . . .

a golden arch oozing with stardust

the wings of an angel

a floating jelly fish

I love to look up to the sky and “hear” . . .

an erupting volcano

a growling lion

the calm before the storm

Oh how I love to look up and . . . imagine . .

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful sensory poem! Clouds do inspire. Can you see any through the tall buildings of New York?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love to look up and imagine. I love the question at the beginning, "Clouds...or are they?" Shows how you are really lost in your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this through twice and loved it even more the second time. I, too, enjoy the way the clouds offer my mind a space to imagine. I like the pause between your enjoyment of looking up, and your admittance that the purpose behind it is to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can remember as a kid (a long time ago) laying in the grass and watching the clouds and seeing the shapes take form. I still do this today when I see the puffs of clouds in the sky. Thanks for the poem.

    ReplyDelete