Today I posted my 50th piece on my blog! Oh, my gosh,
I remember like it was yesterday . . .
My first thoughts when Michelle shared her blog and encouraged me start one of my own . . .
Me,?!? Write?!? Share my inner thoughts and feelings to, to hundreds of people I don’t even know?!?
I couldn’t do that . . . or could I??
It really was not like me to be scared . . .
Stepping out of my comfort zone was not usually a problem for me . .
Normally I like taking chances, living on the edge so to speak . . .
So why did this . . . this blog thing seem so scary to me?
Michelle took me by the hand and reassured me that I could write and share my blog with as few or as many people as I want .. .
Only people that know me, and no”strangers” would ever really see it . . .
Well heck! I could do that and so it started . . .
I started writing . . . writing about how I felt, how I saw things around me
But I always had a “private” rule . . .
I wanted my words to be positive, And I wanted people to see that we can . . . that we have to try and find the positive in situations
I wanted this because . . . I like to think I’m a “glass half full” kinda gal!
I wanted to inspire someone else to write, give back if you will, like Michelle did for me. But there was always this little voice in my head saying . . . “Why are you playing this so safe?” “Who are you going to inspire, if you only allow 2 or 3 people in to read . . . to read what you have to say?”
And slowly I started telling more people, people who I knew . . . about my blog . . . and I just kept writing. I was amazed how the ideas would come pouring out of my head onto the the paper. Almost ever day, I had something I wanted to share, to share out loud to the people I had let in.
Then one day, which turned into one week, and into a month . . . and nothing, I mean I couldn’t seem to get anything down, I had the thoughts . . but nothing! There was nothing to write!
My sister asked what happened? I miss my morning “blog” readings, I miss reading what you have to say!
And others noticed . . . noticed I was not writing . . . yet it was as if I didn’t know how to start again . . .
And then the “CHALLENGE”, join the SOL challenge . . . and I did . . . and not only did I start writing again . . . I became connected to so many people who just like me have things to say and share. . . and because we share we learn from one another and we can see how much we all have in common . . .
So today, I say, Happy 50th post to me!
Michelle seems to have this affect on a lot of people - aren't we lucky? Congrats on the 50th post and I look forward to reading many more. You truly are a positive person and I love the way you have of expressing yourself. I have really enjoyed getting to know you thru your writing and Michelle's sharing.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Happy 50th to you. Keep on blogging!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I am getting ready for my 100th, I can't believe that. The way you meandered (in a totally good way) through took me on a journey of your blogging and thinking about what you have to say. I've had many of those same thoughts.
ReplyDeleteHappy 50th! Happy blogging!
ReplyDeleteWhen I read your post today I felt like you were talking to me. So many times when I write, I try to write perfectly, and I forget that there is so much authenticity in writing just like you speak. Way to go and keep blogging! Can't wait for you 100th! ;)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a journey it has been and I'm so glad (and proud) that you got jumped started again with the challenge! You are doing it! You've added so much with your writing and your comments. I think it truly is about sharing our stories and connecting with others.
ReplyDeleteGlad I was part of your journey and here's to 50 more!