Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hair War!

After almost 30 years (yikes did I really say that?!?) I decided to grow out my hair. I usually wore it very short and I thought fun and funky!

It wasn’t as if I disliked my hair, in fact I loved it! It was a breeze when getting ready for the day, wash it, throw some gel on it and done!

So you are probably wondering . . .

Why in the world would I go through this? (I know you understand if you have ever tried this yourself)

Why would you change a haircut that was super easy and cute?

Hmmm . . . . I’m really not sure . . . I guess I just thought a change would be fun.

So, I started from scratch . . . no really from nothing . . .

absolutely no hair! (a gift from chemo)

What a really great way to start . . . Think of all the possibilities! Right?!?

Each day as I am getting ready, I have conversations with myself. . .

You can do it . . .

You’ve gone this far you can’t stop now! . . .

It will be worth it in the end! . . .

Are you kidding! Are you really going to leave the house looking like this?!?

My 20 minute routine in the morning has turned into 40 minutes. I now use more tools than some carpenters.

And more conversations with self . . .

Hey, be thankful you have hair . . .

At least it’s as thick as it used to be . . .

Well maybe . . . it doesn’t look too bad today . . .

And that’s where I’m at . . . good days and some bad, but each day closer to . . .

Well I haven’t figured that out yet!

I guess that will be another day . . . another slice!

8 comments:

  1. Hair wars! I went through the same feelings when I grew out my bangs. Can't wait to see where your hair takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "more tools than a carpenter" - love this line, so true, so true

    ReplyDelete
  3. "more tools than a carpenter" - love this line, so true, so true

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the description of what you go through with your hair. It's funny to me how people obsess about hair-I know I do. It takes a lot of time...how many minutes of your whole life do you spend on hair...hmmmmmm another slice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "More tools than a carpenter!" I love that!! I have my own hair war going on, too. There is a big difference between what I want to do with it and what it wants to do... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on a hair journey myself right now. This really resonated with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least with "your conversations with self" you get the right answers - RIGHT??? We all need a change in hair style - just because. Good luck on your hair journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something hilarious about conversations with oneself in front of the mirror. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete